About this role
Belmar Health is looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence solutions to help us solve healthcare's most difficult and important problems.
Machine Learning Engineer's responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics and programming. If you also have knowledge of data science and software engineering, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications for ambulatory settings.
- Work alongside Practice Analysts and appropriate team members for advising
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Design machine learning systems
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Java, and R
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like sci-kit-learn)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Prior work experience in a healthcare setting preferred
About Belmar Health
Belmar Health is expanding access to great primary care. Our work defines solutions used by some of the most ambitious small and midsize primary care practices.
We're tackling healthcare's most difficult and important problems - and success is only a possibility when we inspire a shared mission with every individual we hire.
Learn more about Belmar Health